Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Miscellaneous Meandering: Throw me a Bone! (or A Bag of Apples)

In Germany, they like scary things. After all they have Frankenstein's Castle and they have lots of haunted houses at the various festivals. Halloween would seem a good fit...

Sept 1990: Haunted House in Frankfurt

I made this little cartoon for them. Despite my efforts, they didn't "get it" and never really caught on to the whole Halloween scene.


The German Apple growers even asked me to help them with a little ditty to sell apples in October. They had heard that Apples were a big part of the American Halloween and they were rather hoping the holiday would successfully transplant to their country....it didn't. Here is the jingle they chose.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Very oober!

Auber Oober

Tara said...

Ok-I didn't watch the videos last night because I thought they would be scary since your first pic is scary--but they are SOOOOO cute!!! I now have that stupid apple song in my head.

By the way--I clicked on the link to the right for the Creative Creases site and I saw that you will be at a craft fair in November. I wished I knew sooner so I could have helped--we just made plans with Frank! Will it be similar to the one last year?

-c said...

Mmmm Apples...catchy little jingle isn't it. Its timeless and Sold lots of apples...did nothing for the hopes of transplanting Halloween though.

Visiting relatives trumps craft fairs. Yes it is the same as last year. Not asking anyone to help this time. Nighty Night.

-c said...

P.S. Some people are afraid to watch embedded Halloween-ish video clips. Admit it, I am FEARLESS.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, possom. Totally rocks, Dude.